Vivacious Vagaries

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Permission: 



LindaTraceyBrandon.jpg


Some like it hot and some like it cold and some, like the proverbial little blond-haired girl, love it just right. Here are some examples of the artist, Louis L’Amour Orles, known for gender-bending oils on canvas. Vagaries lie within the souls of the model and the artist; some a bit confused and some delightfully surprised by the end results. Ranging from just interested to fully committed, the ‘girls’ in the paintings below wend their way along the gender continuum…


...for Alison Mary


241828117181.jpg
Andy wondered how his girlfriend would react when she realized
just how much he resembled Jennifer Aniston….


becky.jpg
Jim had trouble figuring out why his wife had him dressing up like Helen Mirren….


images_26.jpg

Lonnie was inconsolable….his mother insisted no heels or hose until he turned fourteen…


linda-tracey-brandon8.jpg

Alan could never figure out why Louis had him posing on the floor
when a perfectly good chair sat nearby…


Cheyenne Again Archive_0.jpg

Jimmy thought his chin was way too big; the artist assured him it was ‘just right.’


images_3.jpeg

In a very kind gesture, Louis agreed to paint Arthur as he convalesced from his orchiectomy…


Picture 6_0.png

‘Wow,’ Tommy thought…’I do look just like my sister even in a tee shirt…’


Linda-Tracey-Brandon2561.jpg

John began to relax when Louis assured him no one would recognize him…


images1.jpeg

After seeing the finished portrait, Billie’s mom suddenly realized she had a daughter instead of a son…


rachel-in-my-studio_0.jpg

Bennie wondered if he’d be finished with the pose in time for baseball practice…


Linda Tracey Brandon.jpg

Louis stared at the mirror, confused… “I guess I really like dressing for me as well as the models…’



All paintings by Linda Tracy Brandon

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Love It!

littlerocksilver's picture

I wonder how much research it took to find all those quotes. You have such a wonderful imagination.

Portia

that was

so much fun

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

This reminds me...

...sooo much of when I had an image of myself in my mind that simply didn't match what I saw in the mirror. It also reminds me of how very grateful and blessed I am that the images now match. Brava mom!!!

A matching set of...

BrrrrrrrrrrrratZ

PKB_003b.jpg

I Was Expecting A Western Slant

joannebarbarella's picture

With some Sacketts and six-guns thrown in for good measure. Obviously I was visualising the wrong Louis L'Amour.

These pictures were much more entertaining than the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley,

Joanne

I understand...

I understand the comment about the large Chin... I think I'd have been happier had he taken a good bit more off of mine. *sighs* Oh, wait, you're referring to the "paintings".

Fun series... I try to imagine them in a NYC gallery - with the captions - and the questioning looks so many folks would have on their faces.

Thanks,
Annette