Three Girls - Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version
<
Three Girls
Chapter Fifteen

La Dolce Amara Preludio
(A Bittersweet Prelude)

by Andrea Lena DiMaggio
 
I am finding out that maybe I was wrong
That I've fallen down and I can't do this alone

Stay with me, this is what I need, please?




Three girls find they have a lot more in common than their music...
terri’s challenge — my voice, my heart…my life are yours for as long as I live…


Previously...Scottsdale, Arizona...

Sing us a song and we'll sing it back to you
We could sing our own but what would it be without you?

I am nothing now and it's been so long
Since I've heard the sound, the sound of my only hope

This time I will be listening.

“I’m going to go; knowing I’ve got you in my life and that we’ll finally get stuff sorted out.” Terri put her head down. It was daunting to know that even as she was discovering who she was, she would be separated from her best friend…her sibling.

“Hey…it’s all good, right? Nothing new until fall; plenty of time to figure out how this all works out? I hope.” Terri said sheepishly. Emily rubbed her back.

“Plenty of time. And we’re together, right? Nothing will change that.”

“Plenty of time.”


The following year; Chicago Theological Seminary….Dean of Student’s Office…

Two figures walked into the waiting area and sat down on the couch. The young woman looked nervous, but not nearly as nervous as the young man sitting next to her.

“Oh, God, Terri…Tell me you got some good news?” Nina Portland, the Dean’s secretary stared at Terri Davies. The look on her face belied any report either way regarding her health.

“Well, the good news is that my therapist is happy with the progress we’ve made in the past nine months, and he can see no reason why I can’t go ahead with my surgery.” Terri spoke as if she read the words from a script while forcing a smile; a brave face that quickly dissolved into tears.

“Oh, God, Terri…no. What did the tests show?”

“Well,” Terri wiped her tears with her sleeve and laughed nervously,
“Apparently I’m more of a woman than I ever realized…you know how some things come easier to us, right?” She put her head down and began to sob. Nina got up quickly from her desk and rushed to the girl’s side, sitting down beside her and bringing her close in a comforting hug.

“Terri…honey…talk to me.”

“The…second set of tests…still positive for lupus….”

“Oh, God, Terri…” Nina began to cry softly, her hand gently stroking Terri’s hair. Nothing to be said; sorry was just enough and not enough at the same time, but no other words would fit.

“It’s okay….I’m okay….really,” She lifted her head and smiled at Nina.

“And…I guess I’m probably in the right place at the right time?”

“Yep,” The woman next to her smiled and grabbed her hand. She went to reach over to grab the hand of Terri’s friend next to her. The young man stood up abruptly and shook his head.

“I can’t….this is too much… I just can’t,” he said before quickly walking out of the office. Terri followed his movement down the hall until he turned the corner and was gone. She turned back to Nina, and sighed deeply before burying her face in Nina’s chest, weeping.

“He…he’s….” The girl sobbed.

“I know, honey….I know.” Nina patted the young woman on the back softly, her own soft crying echoing Terri’s. The relationship had gone south when she told him about her transgender status, and was already too shaky. Now? For the girl to lose health and a boyfriend in one day was too much; Nina was damned if she would let Terri lose hope as well.

“We’re going to get through this….okay?” She said gently before pulling the girl closer as the sobs shook both of them.

“You’ll see.”

This heart, it beats, beats for only you (Please don't go now, please don't fade away)
My heart, my heart is yours (Please don't go now, please don't fade away)

(Please don't go now, please don't fade away) My heart is yours
(Please don't go now, please don't fade away) My heart is yours
(Please don't go, please don't fade away)
(Please don't go now, please don't fade away) My heart is...


Please look at the information on this site for the Lupus Foundation:

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/def...

Next: The Girls Meet


My Heart
words and music and
performance by
Paramore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJueFkoehUM

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What I tell myselves every day...

'We're going to get through this'. As usual, more beautifully pained reality from my fav authoress.

As Usual...and alwys...

Your Brat

It isn't fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamreed's picture

Terri has all the problems of being trans it isn't fair that she has devastating disease as well!! But who said life was fair!!! I know all about that!! It is so hard when you put your trust in someone and they toss it and you aside!!!! Is it worth going on!!

Lupus is a really horrible disease

The wife of one of my cousins had this disease. A kidney transplant gave her several more years but eventually it came back with a vengance and took her. She was only 33.

Three Girls - Chapter 15

What a Whammy! Waiting to see how you bring things about.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine